Sunday, January 31, 2016

First Hospital Donation

My goal ever since I began this journey was to get this song on CDs and start donating them to every hospital where women lose babies. Being a NICU nurse, it breaks my heart each time a parent has to say goodbye to their sweet baby. But the NICU is not the only unit where a mother might lose her baby. I know that Labor and Delivery units see more losses than we do in the NICU. I have been working with my unit to get these CDs donated and added to the bereavement packets. While I have been waiting for donations to be approved for my unit, I witnessed yet another miracle. I was introduced to the right person over on Labor and Delivery. I went to ask for permission to donate CDs to their unit and was speechless when they wanted to help fund this project and ordered 100 CDs immediately. They were so excited for these CDs to be given as a gift to mothers that lose their babies. I am once again humbled to see so many miracles happening. I am so grateful for so many people willing to donate for this cause. I keep hoping to be guided to the right people so that every hospital has a CD for every mother that experiences a loss.
 Thank you to the University of Utah Hospital Labor and Delivery for helping fund and support women that lose their babies. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment